Transfer Credit Information
Application Process for Transfer Students
In addition to the regular admissions requirements, transfer students applying to North Central should submit official college transcripts. Please complete your college’s Transcript Request Form to have your transcripts sent to the Registrar’s Office at NCU.
Transfer Credit Evaluation Process
There is a Transcript Evaluator located in the Registrar’s Office who will evaluate your transcripts and communicate the results to you within 14 business days. If you have questions regarding the evaluation you can contact the Registrar’s Office at 612.343.4409 and ask for the Transcript Evaluator. Upon completion of courses, please have your official transcripts sent to:
In order to graduate from North Central University, 27 of a student's final 33 credits must be taken in residence at NCU. This allows flexibility for students to transfer six of their last 33 credits if necessary.
In addition, NCU requires that students in all degree programs complete a minimum of 50% of major-specific credits in that program through North Central University. The 50% major-specific residency requirement will not apply to general elective or language credits.
Transfer Credit Policy
To view the following portions of North Central's Transfer Credit Policy, visit www.northcentral.edu/futurestudents/transfer/transfer-credit-policy:
- Domestic Taxonomy—Provides examples of and explains the different agreements NCU holds with various organizations, including the Military, Master's Commission, YWAM, ABHE accredited schools, AG endorsed schools, and others.
- International Transfer Credit— In order to have international transcripts evaluated, students must submit a request to the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). Students may download the Request Form for Foreign Education Credentials Service and send all the appropriate paperwork to AACRAO, who will send the final evaluations to North Central University. In addition to the AACRAO evaluation, please send an official copy of the international transcript, with certified English translation if the original transcript is not in English, to the Registrar's office at NCU.
Course Transfer Guidelines
The policies and procedures for transferring credits are as follows:
- Only grades of “C-”or better are transferable.
- The course description must be equivalent to an NCU course.
- The course(s) must be required for the major of interest to count towards HG (hours earned for graduation).
- Unless otherwise specified by articulation agreement, degrees do not transfer; courses are evaluated individually.
- NCU does not participate in the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (an agreement that states any A.A. degree is transferable to any 4-year public school in Minnesota and Wisconsin).
- Courses must be at the college level to transfer (usually with a course number “100” or higher); developmental courses will not transfer (usually with a course number “099”).
- An official evaluation is done after receiving an official transcript; faxed transcripts or unofficial transcripts can be evaluated, but the evaluation is unofficial until official transcripts are received.
- The transcript cannot be a grade report.
- Most official transcripts will have a seal & the signature of the Registrar.
- Courses cannot be transferred without grades (unless a "P" for "Pass" equals a C- or above); however, the grades do not transfer and therefore do not affect the student's GPA at North Central University.