In a move to share ownership and management with neighboring districts, the Board of Directors, authorized transfer of the title to a corporation with the membership drawn from the Wisconsin-Northern Michigan, Minnesota and South Dakota Districts in 1962. The Iowa and Illinois Districts voted to join in the ownership and management of the college in May 1969. During the 1970s, Michigan, Indiana and Nebraska also became regent districts. In 1981, Northern Missouri joined, and in 1985, North Dakota joined. In 1993, the Midwest Latin American District joined to become the 11th district. Thus, the University today is operated and supported by 11 Assemblies of God districts of the upper Midwest.
Various personalities figured prominently in the operation of the college from its inception. Rev. F.J. Lindquist, founder-president and pastor of the Minneapolis Gospel Tabernacle, first home of the college; Rev. I.O. Miller, member of the Board of Directors from 1933-36, and after 1936, a member of the executive committee and faculty; and Rev. H.R. Snyder, treasurer. All three resigned from their official positions as president, executive vice-president and treasurer, respectively, in the spring of 1961. Rev. Lindquist continued to teach on a part-time basis until June 1, 1964.
Dr. G. Raymond Carlson, who had been a member of the Board of Directors since 1944, was chosen as the second president of the college. He assumed his duties as president May 1, 1961 and served in this office until Dec. 31, 1969. The Rev. Cyril E. Homer was elected by the Board of Regents to serve as the third president of the college in the fall of 1969. Dr. E.M. Clark, a member of the Board of Regents and superintendent of the Illinois District of the Assemblies of God, was called by that Board to serve as the fourth president of the college, serving from December 1971 through July 1979.
In July 1979, Dr. Don Argue succeeded Dr. Clark as president. Dr. Clark assumed the office of chancellor of the college through 1981. Dr. Argue served the college for 16 years as the president, during which time the college experienced much enrollment and campus growth. He left the college in May 1995 to serve as the president of the National Association of Evangelicals.
After 13 years of teaching at North Central, Dr. Gordon Anderson became the sixth president in May 1995. Prior to his appointment as president of North Central, Dr. Anderson's diverse experiences included pastoral leadership, professor and chair for the Department of Liberal Arts, and director for the G. Raymond Carlson Institute for Church Leadership. He also served on the mission field as director of the Eurasia Office for the Assemblies of God Division of World Missions. His broad experience as a pastor, missionary and student of revivals has prepared him to lead the University in this new century. He is a gifted teacher and preacher who is much in demand across the United States and overseas.
Exciting as our history has been, we are looking forward to an era of new edifices, expanded curriculum, deeper spiritual commitment and additional growth. The most exciting chapters in the history of North Central University are currently being written.