Biblical and Theological Studies Core
This component is designed to give the student a foundation of biblical content and theology for lifelong spiritual maturation. All students, therefore, major also in Bible, because within the scriptures we find our sole foundation for faith and practice. The Biblical and Theological Studies program is required of every graduate in the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degree programs. A minimum of 27 credits of Bible/theology is required for most majors.
When the Biblical and Theological Studies core has been completed, it should be possible for the student:
- To grasp the historical background and biblical content of both the Old and New Testament.
- To interpret properly the biblical content.
- To understand and build a firm, orthodox and evangelical theological base, especially in those areas that are distinctive to our Pentecostal and charismatic tradition.
- To research specific Old and New Testament books in depth.
- To launch a lifelong learning strategy for biblical research applicable to self-study and/or graduate training.