On-Campus Interviewing is an excellent way to connect with graduating seniors and recent alumni. To maximize a trip* to NCU, follow the information provided below.
*Webcam interview options (e.g. Skype) are available for out-of-state employers and a preferred option for screening candidates before incurring travel costs.
Steps before contacting NCU's Career Services:
- Determine your organization's employment opportunity, including developing a complete, written job description
- Determine if webcam or phone screening options would be beneficial.
- Identify possible interview dates, including multiple dates, 4 weeks in advance.
Initial contact of NCU's Career Services:
Email Career Services or call 612-343-3515 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM. Be prepared to discuss the following:
- Job Details (e.g. responsibilities, hours, etc.)
- Desired Qualifications (e.g. major/degree, year in school, specialized skills, etc.)
- Information about hiring Organization (e.g. primary business, customers served, location, etc.)
- Preferred Visit (e.g. multiple dates/times, 4 weeks in advance)
Follow Up Actions:
- Email job description to Career Services
- Post Job on NCU's job posting database - CareerWire
- Complete On-Campus Visit Checklist
- Inform Career Services of travel plans and any changes by calling 612-343-5000
While NCU provides high quality training opportunities for enrolled students, NCU Career Services cannot guarantee that applicants will meet your organization's expectations. As with any interview, it is the employer's responsibility to determine the applicant's qualifications. In addition, NCU cannot guarantee that an on-campus interviewing visit will result in a hiring or interest from student and/or alumni.