CareerWire Student/Alumni User Guide
CareerWire is North Central University's job posting database. It can be useful throughout your career, as part-time jobs for students, enter-level positions for recent graduates, and careers in many industries are all posted on CareerWire. While internships and volunteer positions are not as common, some are posted and can lead to access to major organizations.
CareerWire has many functions, but is primarily used for:
- Searching and Applying for jobs
- Posting your Résumé and Creating a Portfolio profile
- Finding Contact Information and Connecting with Employers
While CareerWire cannot guarantee employment, it increases your opportunity to connect with jobs and employers that are seeking NCU trained applicants.
- Register for an account: In a new tab or window, open this link: www.NorthCentral.edu/CareerWire
- Click on the "student login" button
- Click on the grey "Register" button
- Enter your information* and submit
*If you do not know your Student ID number, call the NCU Registrar's office at 612-343-4409. You'll need to verify you SSN# and DOB over the phone (no emails).
Maximize your Profile Settings:
- Privacy Settings: Select "YES" for all. This is how you will be notified about jobs, employers, and events that are relevant to your major and industry.
- Documents: Upload a current résumé and cover letter; Create a portfolio profile. These can be used for quick applying or for employers to find you and offer you a job.
- Academic Info: Keep updated every semester. If you change majors without changing your profile, Career Services will not know to alert you to relevant jobs, on-campus interviews, and events.
- Contact Info: Double check for accuracy! Employers will not be able to contact you if there are errors.
Searching for Jobs:
There are two job search tools on CareerWire. When you more your cursor over the "jobs" tab, there are two options: "The Wire" and "NACElink Extended Job Search."
The Wire is NCU's own search board, and jobs posted here are only viewable by our Students and Alumni. While there is a limited number of jobs posted in here at a time, these postings are seeking NCU trained applicants!
NACElink Extended Job Search
This search is a collection of jobs posted on college websites throughout the world, U.S., and local jobs. While these jobs are viewed by other college students and alumni, this greatly increases the number of viewable job postings.
Uploading Résumés and other Documents:
- Click the blue "documents" tab at the top of the web browser.
- Click the grey "Add New" button.
- Enter in the "Label" field a name for the document.
- Click the grey "Browse..." button and select a document to upload.
- Click the grey "Submit" button and repeat until all documents needed are uploaded.
CareerWire is managed by Career Services staff. To report an issue or ask for assistance, contact us via email.