Create a Résumé
A Résumé is a document that highlights a job applicant's professional, educational, and personal accomplishments and skills. Résumés are primarily used as a part of a job application. The goal of a résumé is to communicate to a hiring manager that you are qualified for the position and that they need to interview you.
A résumé will not land you the job, nor should it list every job and duty you've ever performed. It is used to get you an interview; so keep it short, enticing, and easy to read.
Résumé Writing PowerPoint (in development)
North Central's Guide to Writing a Quality Résumé (in development)
Résumé Writing One Sheet (in development)
- Email a draft to Career Services for feedback: CareerServices@NorthCentral.edu
- Schedule a meeting with a Career Services Professional in the Student Success Center by calling 612-343-3515 or visiting Miller Hall 227.
- Upload your résumé to CareerWire and your LinkedIn profile.
- Keep your résumé up to date as you change jobs, take more classes, gain other experience.
- Customize your résumé by the job description of every job that you apply to.
- Check out the SSC's guide for Writing a Cover letter.