Entrance Audition (formerly Sophomore Interview)
What is the Entrance Audition?
- The Entrance Audition is conducted with the full time music faculty and determines the students formal entrance into the College of Fine Arts.
How do I Know if I Have to Complete the Entrance Audition?
- The Entrance Auditionis typically held during the third semester the student is at North Central.
- Faculty may request transfer students complete the interview during their first semester.
- You will receive an email or paper mail notice from the Fine Arts Department notifying the student of the interview date and the application.
What Do I Do?
- Prepare a piece that you have been working on during your lesson time. The student may use a track for the interview or have your accompanist present for the performance piece of the interview.
- An application must be submitted to the music office by the deadline specified for that semester. Be sure that your advisor has signed the application or it will be returned. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Sign up for a time for the interview. The sign up will be posted at least one week prior to the interviews. Make sure that your accompanist is available at the time selected for the interview.
- Dress appropriately for the interview. No jeans or sweatshirts.
- Show up ahead of time for the interview.
What Happens During the Interview?
- Faculty will invite the student in when they are ready to begin the interview.
- They will have the student perform the prepared piece.
- The will talk with the student about grades, performance etc.
- Faculty will dismiss the student when the interview is finished.
How Will I Know the Results?
- A letter will be sent to your NCU mailbox with information regarding your status as a Music Major.
- You may discuss any questions or concerns with your adivisor.