Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Student Accounts Office?

The Student Accounts Office is here to assist you in preparing to attend NCU as it pertains to your finances.

Our office also does the following:

  • Receives and processes your payment for your student account (tuition, fees, housing and meal plan charges).
  • Applies payments made online to your student account.
  • Issues refund checks for overpayments.
  • Prepares monthly statements and updates your account on UNet.

What forms of payments are accepted ?

North Central accepts all major credit cards, checks, money order and cash. Checks and money orders will need to be in US funds.

Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted for payment of student accounts and for purchases made in NCU's bookstore.  Payments can be made online or in the Student Accounts Office. American Express is only accepted online.

We accept card payments made over the phone.

How do I find out how much I owe to NCU?

You can view your account balance online through your UNet account.  You may also stop by the Student Accounts Office located on the first floor in Miller Hall on the south end during business hours and ask for your account balance.  A statement is also mailed each month showing any unpaid balance. You may always call our office at 612.343.4401 and we would be happy to look up your account information.

Where do I pay my school bill, apartment rent or phone bill?

Student account payments, apartment rent or phone bill payments can be made in person in the Student Accounts office located in Miller Hall 155 during business hours, made online through UNet or payments can also be mailed to: North Central University Attn: Student Accounts 910 Elliot Ave Minneapolis, MN 55404.

Does North Central offer a payment plan?

Yes! The Ram Plan is the official payment plan option.  The Ram Plan will allow students to pay their remaining balance with an interest free monthly plan, with up to seven months in the fall semester and five months in the spring semester.

Fall payments: June-December

Spring: January- May

How can my parents receive a copy of my bill?

A student must authorize NCU to send copies of bills to parents or other individuals. Students can contact either the Student Accounts office or the Mail Center to update their information.

My bill shows pending financial aid, what does this mean?

Pending financial aid is the financial aid that you have been offered and accepted at the time the invoice or statement was printed. Pending financial aid will not be disbursed to your account until all required documents have been received and approved by the Financial Aid office and your enrollment status meets all requirements. For more information regarding your financial aid award please contact NCU's Financial Aid office at 612.343.4485.

What does it mean to complete financial registration?

This means your account is paid in full through personal payments, financial aid and if necessary, other payment options.

When will a late financial registration fee be assessed?

After the due date given for each semester if a students accounts is not complete late fees will be assessed.  The initial fee is $100.00, then will increase by $25.00 the following week, then in increments of $25.00.

Late fees will not exceed $250.00.

When and how will I receive any refunds from my financial aid?

A refund for a credit balance on a student account will be issued within 14 days of the later of the following: The date the credit balance occurs or the first day of class of the enrollment period. Refund of a credit balance from a student account will be processed after the entire sum of the school charges from the current enrollment and authorized charges from the current enrollment have been paid in full. If a student does not wish to receive a refund check, that student must complete a Retain Credit Balance Form (found in Student Accounts) authorizing NCU to retain the credit balance on the student's behalf.

How do I wire funds to pay for my enrollment costs at North Central?

Contact Student Accounts at 612.343.4401 for instructions to send wire information.

Does North Central accept international bank drafts for payment?

Yes, but the draft must be made payable in US funds.

How do I dispute a charge on my student account?

Please come to the NCU Student Accounts office for a prompt review of your student account. If you are unable to resolve your issue in the Student Accounts office, submit a Financial Advisory Petition to the Financial Advisory Committee that has been established to review requests for deviation from North Central's policy. You can also find a hard copy of this form in the Student Accounts office, Registrar's Office or Financial Aid Office.