The Fine Arts Department has many opportunities for any student to participate in a music ensemble. Many of the groups perform during NCU Chapel and other University events, and may be asked to perform at churches in the Twin Cities area. For those groups that are audition only, the dates and times for auditions will be scheduled during the first few weeks of school and will be posted on the VCS monitors around campus. Sign-ups are located in the Fine Arts Building. Class days and times are listed in the class schedule. There is a required fee for each ensemble.
- Chorale (audition only)
- Women's Chorus (audition only)
- Worship Arts Practicum - Entry (audition only)
- Worship Arts Practicum - Sanctuary (audition only)
- Mixed Chorus
- Concert Band
- Soulful Prayze (audition only)
- Jazz Band (audition only)
- Jazz Workshop (upper level music majors)
- Rhythm Section Players
- One Accord (audition only)
- Flute Ensemble
- Saxophone Ensemble
- Guitar Ensemble (audition only)
- Percussion Ensemble
Ensembles listed above may not meet the department ensemble requirements. Please see Department Handbook for details.
Chorale and One Accord are NCU touring groups and are by audition only. Auditions for these groups are held during the spring semester. You must be a current student, but not necessarily a music major, to audition. Please watch for more information on audition information on the VCS system around campus.