Music Pastor's Conducting Checklist
As part of the senior recital/senior project requirements for Music Pastor majors, you will prepare a half hour conducting recital. You will be assigned singers from a conducting lab class.
After scheduling your recital date:
- Schedule a meeting with your conducting teacher.
- You may add additional singers of your choice who are willing to volunteer.
- You are responsible for choosing music, however, the program must be approved by the conducting teacher. At least one piece must be a capella. Instrumentation for your other pieces is your option. The program must be 25 minutes minimum, but no longer than 30 minutes.
- Rehearsals generally begin the semester of your recital, but depending on the date of your recital, rehearsals could begin the semester before.
- All music must be approved, copied and be ready for handing out at your first rehearsal.
- You will be required to present your conducting teacher with a written rehearsal plan before each rehearsal.
- You must make plans to video each rehearsal.
- You must meet with your conducting teacher at least 2 times during your rehearsal process for evaluation and help as needed.
- Grading will be for both the rehearsal process and the performance.
- Following the performance, all ensemble members will be given an evaluation form to be filled out anonymously for your file.