- Dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- PhD, LP
- Professor, Psychology
- B.S. – North Central University, 1986
- M.A. – St. Mary's University, Counseling Psychology, 1989
- Ph.D. – University of Minnesota, Educational Psychology, 1998
- Nelson, D. (1999). The development of moral judgment, religiousness, and general knowledge: A longitudinal study of Bible college students. Doctoral dissertation, University of Minnesota.
- Nelson, D. (2000). Multiple methods for analyzing moral judgment development using the Defining Issues Test. Journal of Research on Christian Education, 7, 25-43.
- Nelson, D. (2004). Bible knowledge and moral judgment: Knowing Scripture and using ethical reasoning. Journal of Research on Christian Education, 13(1), 41-60.
- Nelson, D., & Nelson, K. (2005). The use of principles for organizing the introductory psychology course. Psychology Learning & Teaching, 4(2), 95-101.
- American Psychological Association, member
- Minnesota Psychological Association, member
A faculty member since 1989, Dan Nelson is a multiple year recipient of Who's Who Among America's Teachers, advises Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology, and chairs the department of Social & Behavioral Sciences at NCU. Dan has also held several adjunct professor positions at other Twin Cities schools such as Bethel University and Northwestern College. Dan serves on the peer review corps for the Higher Learning Comission, and is a consultant with the American Psychological Association's Department Consulting Service.