Other Parking Information
Parking Grievance Form
You may fill out a parking grievance form if you wish to contest a parking fine or warning. You may obtain a grievance form from the security office and it must be submitted to the Security Office within 10 business days following the citation issuance. Failure to submit a formal appeal request within the required grace period will confirm the citation and waive further right to appeal.
If you are unable to find a parking space in your assigned lot, please notify security before parking in another lot. The Security Office is open 24 hours a day and can also be reached at 612.343.4445.
- Visitor spaces are intended for visitors only. All visitors must obtain a Guest Permit from the Security Office, the CLC Administrative Offices, the Center for Youth and Leadership Receptionist, or the Admissions office. Only those permits authorized by the previous stated authorities will be honored. It is the responsibility of NCU students to inform their visitors of these regulations.
- Only the driveway may be used for access to the lower ramps. Please do not drive on the grass and sidewalks.
- Drive slowly in all parking areas. Do not sound your horn near Residence Halls.
- All Faculty and Staff of North Central must work a minimum of 30 hours to be eligible for employee parking. Staff and Faculty who live within a six-block radius of North Central are not eligible for parking.
- Students may not leave their vehicles parked in on campus lots while they leave for school breaks without seeing the Security Office for the availability of parking and the charge for parking during break. In the event that you are given permission to leave your vehicle on campus, it must be left in the care of a responsible person who can take the proper action in case of a two-inch snowfall or other emergencies that would require the parking lots to be cleared.
- Forging a parking permit will result in automatic towing.
- Repair and service of motor vehicles is prohibited in our campus lots without the permission of the Director of Plant Operations.
- During the hours of 7:00 am -5:00 pm weekdays, campus parking is restricted to authorized permits only. Students may park in the following lots without a permit only between 5:00 pm and 1:30 am, staff/faculty holidays between 5pm and 1:30am and on weekends 7am until 1am: Chicago Hall lot, Zimmerman lot, Elliot Avenue, and the 15th and Chicago lot. Once again, this does not include overnight! For overnight parking, you must register your vehicle with the Security Office.
- Unloading is permitted by the Phillipps entrance for only 15 minutes in the specifically marked unloading space. Flashers must be on during unloading.
- Students who have received parking in the Fall Semester are given precedence in the Spring Semester for permits. However, no preference is given from the Spring Semester to the Fall Semester.
- Overnight-Handicapped spaces are available to students who verify their current permit status and pay the regular on campus parking fees for a North Central permit.
During street snow removal as well as snow removal for the parking lots, you are not permitted to park in the school lots. If you have On-Campus Parking call 343.7882 for information during a snow emergency. Signs will be posted at the Student Life Office and the Security Office. An email will also be issued if one was submitted with the application form. It is the student’s responsibility to inquire about plowing if two or more inches of snow have fallen. Security can not be held responsible if emails or other notifications are not received. If in doubt, contact the 343.7882 number or the Security office for clarification. If you have Street Parking, you may call 348.SNOW for city information.
- On-campus parking is by permit only. Registered, qualified students must submit a new application each semester.
- Permits expire on the last day of classes for the current semester, or move out day for On Campus residents.
- On Campus parking is for the following lots only: Miller, Chapel and the upper and lower East and West Ramps.
- Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis. These lots are not oversold. North Central only sells permits for spaces available.
- Elliot East parking is by permit only. Registered, qualified students must submit a new application each semester.
- One parking space is provided with each Elliot East Condominium. Please have only one person per condominium apply for this type of parking. Other residents should apply for regular On-Campus Parking or Street Parking.
- If someone has a caretaker for a roommate, the caretaker receives the free spot and the other person may apply for On-Campus Parking.
- Commuter parking is by permit only. Registered, qualified students must submit a new application each semester.
- North Central allows Commuter parking in the 15th and Chicago lot, Zimmerman lot, and the Commuter Spots on the top of the East Ramp The gravel lot between the bookstore and the 15th and Chicago Lot AND the extended area of 15th and Chicago Lot (the non-fenced area) are NOT AVAILABLE for commuter parking.
- Any commuter can apply for a permit for these lots. The permits help Security determine students from non-North Central constituents.
- Permit holders receive no guarantee of available space. The lots are on a first-come first-serve basis. The lots are over-sold. If no spaces are available, the Commuter must find parking off campus on his/her own. Check with Security for other non-NCU lot information.
- North Central reserves the right to close the lots for any special function. For example: NCU Days, Pastor's Day, Community Outreach Day, Admissions Visit Days, Youth Center Events, etc. Commuters need to make alternate arrangements for these days. Commuter students will be made aware of these dates by email notifications sent to the email address provided in the parking application. Security cannot be held responsible if emails or other notifications are not received, or if the provided email address is incorrect.
- Those creating their own parking spaces, or parking next to the Zimmerman House will receive a violation or possible tow. Please avoid parking in these areas.
- Street parking is awarded on a first come, first served basis and is restricted by the City of Minneapolis to a limited number that NCU may award. Students must meet the qualifications stated above to receive a street permit.
- Street parking permits will be effective through the current school year, starting in September and ending in August. To apply for a permit students must have the following:
- A valid driver’s license and one other form of identification (student ID)
- Residency Verification Slip (These are awarded through the Security Office when you arrive on campus)
- Vehicle information: Make, Model, Year, and License Plate Number
- $25.00 cash or check payable to Minneapolis Controller/ Treasurer.
Those with On-campus parking will not be eligible for a Street parking permit from the city. The City of Minneapolis and the Security Office will be monitoring the street parking closely. If NCU finds that a student has gone around the city and NCU Security to get an unwarranted permit NCU will revoke the student’s parking privileges.
To obtain information about city snow plowing, call 612-348-SNOW or go to http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/snow/
- Mensing Ramp parking is by permit only. Registered, qualified students must submit a new application each semester.
- Parking in the Mensing Ramp is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for students of North Central, except in the case listed below.
- The Mensing Ramp Owners/Operators may require contract vehicles to move from the lot during Vikings home games. Reasonable effort will be made to provide notification of these dates. Notification emails will be sent to the email address provided in the NCU parking application.
- Security cannot be held responsible if emails or other notifications are not received, or if the provided email address is incorrect.
- Security offers a walking escort 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact the Security Department at 612-343-4445 to make arrangements for an escort.
- Parkers in the Mensing Ramp must abide by the specific lot rules and regulation. Loss of parking privileges from the lot is also a loss of parking privileges from all NCU lots.
- Violations issued by the lot are the responsibility of the permit user and not NCU. Please contact the lot directly to make arrangements.
General Summer Parking Regulations
Summer parking is first come, first served, as there may not be enough spaces to accommodate every parker on campus. Parkers are not assigned to one specific lot, but one general permit is given for use in the following lots: A, B E, F and L. Summer parking is by permit only and on campus parking is limited to on-campus residents who may only park in the Miller Lot and Ramps.
Summer parking is $25.00 for the entire summer. The time frame of summer parking begins the day the residence halls close spring semester to the Saturday before the first day of classes.
All applications for summer parking must be made online. Parkers who will return to campus in the middle of the summer may apply for summer parking, but are not guaranteed a space.
Parking restrictions will be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All NCU lots are assigned. If you park without a proper permit you are taking a space from someone who has applied for it. The same ticketing regulations apply for summer parking as the rest of the school year.
Elliot East parkers will use the same sticker from the preceding spring semester. Commuter parkers will also use the same sticker from the preceding spring semester and park in the Lots C and G.
Students with a motor vehicle at North Central University (NCU) must have liability and property damage insurance.
North Central is not responsible for the loss of money, personal belongings or for damages done to vehicles. For the protection of your vehicle and property it is recommended that all valuables be kept out of sight, and all doors and windows kept closed and locked.
Permits must be placed on the front windshield in the lower right hand corner, passenger side. Please remove all expired NCU permits. Due to the limited amount of colors for the permits, old permits not removed could result in a violation.
Over-night parking is available to guests, commuters, and non-permit holders by Security Guest permit only. If a situation arises and you need overnight parking, come to the security office and get a proper overnight pass. The only overnight parking available are in lots C and G. Not observing these regulations will result in a violation or towing.
First Violation: WARNING (or $25 fine if in an assigned/reserved spot)
Second Violation: Additional $25.00 Fine
Third Violation: Additional $25.00 Fine
Fourth Violation: Additional $25.00 Fine + Sticker
Fifth Violation: Immediate Tow
***Violations will not be taken off until the fine has been paid***
No Permit: No current NCU permit for the lot parked in.
Improper Display of Permit: Information concealed; permit in wrong location, old permits not removed.
Improper Parking: Using more than one space.
Illegal Parking: Parking in an area assigned to someone other than yourself. Parking behind another vehicle or in a driveway and parking in a handicap spot.
Violations are as follows:
Violations will be issued for the following:
*We reserve the right to tow anytime without warning on the fifth and charged $25 (in addition to the towing charges)
Summer Commuter Parking
1. Commuter Students who wish to obtain a summer permit may apply online.
2. Commuter parking is only allowed in lots C, D, G, and Commuter portions of F. The gravel lot between lots D and C AND the extended area of C Lot (the non-fenced area) are NOT AVAILABLE for commuter parking.
Any commuter with a summer commuter parking permit is allowed to park in the following lots: C, D, G, and commuter portions of F
Commuters are not guaranteed a spot in the lots. The lots are on a first-come first-serve basis. If no spaces are available, the Commuter must find parking off campus on his/her own.
Summer Elliot East Resident Condominiums Parking
Elliot East parkers will need to apply for a summer Elliot east permit online and are only allowed to park in Lot I.
Elliot East is an immediate tow zone. If a car is parked there without notification to the security office, the car will not receive a warning but will be towed immediately.