Repertoire and Length
- Each student will perform their recital on their major instrument.
- Repertoire for all instruments will be primarily classical. Jazz standards, spirituals, Broadway numbers and ensemble combo arrangements are considered appropriate but only 1 or 2 per recital.
- Vocal majors are required to perform at least two foreign languages for each half hour recital and three foreign languages for an hour recital.
- All music must be memorized with the exception of instrumentalists and rhythm section majors.
Recitals have minimum and maximum time limits. These times are music only and do not include any intermission or breaks between songs.
- Each 1/2 hour recital will be a minimum of 25 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Each 1 hour recital will be a minimum of 50 minutes and a maximum of 60 minutes.
- If a recital does not fit the length criteria stated above, the student's grade for the recital may be lowered at the discretion of the committee members.