Theatre Scholarship Auditions
Theatre Scholarships are designed as four-year awards, up to $3000 per year. In order to ensure the continuation of the scholarship, students must audition for and participate in, if chosen, productions produced on campus. Failure to meet any of these requirements may result in termination of the scholarship.
To be eligible to audition and receive a theatre scholarship, you must:
- Be a First-time Freshman (senior in high school) or Transfer Student entering the fall of next year.
- Fill out and submit the Theatre Audition Request Form. This form must be submitted before an audition time will be scheduled.
- Supply (before the audition) two Letters of Recommendation. The recommendation forms should highlight your theatre background such as a director of a past production.
- Audition in person. Please carefully read the Guidelines for Auditions below. You will be notified of your assigned audition time by email and you must confirm this with the administrative assistant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Audition Schedule below for possible dates and times.
Guidelines for Auditions
Each applicant should select, prepare and memorize two contrasting monologues, each approximately 1-3 minutes in length. You will also need to prepare 1 song of your choosing. This can be sung a capella or with a track. Dress comfortably and be prepared to move.
Preview Day Schedule 2012 - 2013
- September 28
- October 12
- November 2
- November 16 - Fine Arts Preview/Audition Day
- January 25
- February 8
- February 22 - 23 - Fine Arts Preview/Audition Day - FINAL DAY TO AUDITION