- Chair, College of Fine Arts
- Director, School of Worship Arts
- Associate Professor
- D.W.S. Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies, 2011
- M.M. – University of Minnesota, Choral Conducting, 1999
- B.A. – North Central University
- Credentialed – 1979
- Youth Music Director in Wisconsin/N. Michigan District, 1983-90
- Worship Arts Committee of Minnesota, 1990-2003
- National Assemblies of God Music Committee â€“ 1990s
- Minnesota Assemblies of God Music Pastors - present
- Worship Ministries Department, Cedar Valley Church - present
Students working with Dave Collins get more than just the benefit of someone who has studied music. They gain the knowledge of an alumnus of North Central who has spent 25 years working in church music ministry. Working both part-time and full time, he has been a part of the fine arts faculty at North Central for seven years.
Dave is an alumnus of North Central, where he received his B.S. in Sacred Music. He was named Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities and received the Delta Epsilon Chi award from North Central. Dave and his wife Linda went to Kenosha First Assembly of God upon graduation where Dave was musc pastor for 11 years. They moved back to Minnesota in 1990 to be the music pastors at Bloomington Assembly (now Cedar Valley Church) and were there for 13 years.
Dave directed the choirs, orchestras, worship and jazz bands and supervised the youth and children's music programs at the churches he served as well as directing holiday productions and coordinating the technical ministries. Dave has been on the Assemblies of God National Music Committee and remains active in the worship activities of the Minnesota District. Dave comes to North Central to work primarily in the area of Worship Arts Music Pastor where he hopes to impact the lives of those studying to be church music ministers. He has the heart of a pastor and places high priority on relationships, mentoring and spiritual leadership.