- Adjunct Faculty - New Testament
- PhD in New Testament from Marquette University, 2010
- MATS in Biblical Studies from Bethel Seminary, 2004
- BA in Organizational Studies from Bethel University, 1999
- Adjunct Professor, Bethel Seminary
- Visiting Professor, Concordia University
- Adjunct Professor, Northwestern College
Tim and his wife have two sons, and the entire family loves the outdoors, especially fishing. Tim is also an avid sports fan, movie viewer, and reader of novels. His teaching and research interests include the Gospels, Paul's letters, the relationship between early Christians and non-Christians - and how this might inform the Church today, the development of the New Testament canon, second-century Christianity, and the many ways in which Scripture has been interpreted throughout the history of the Church.
- “Gospels (Apocryphal).” In Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels. Edited by Joel B. Green et al. Rev. ed. InterVarsity, 2013.
- 25 entries in Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary. Edited by Tremper Longman III, Peter Enns, and Mark Strauss. Baker, 2013. Articles contributed – Agrapha; Alphaeus; Apostolic Council; Golgotha; Hades; Hierapolis; Jesus Seminar; Nag Hammadi; Nero; Pella; Phlegon; Porphyry; Praetorium; Resurrection; Sardis; Theophilus; Theudas; Tiberius Caesar; Titus Caesar; Trajan; Triumphal Entry; Troas; Vespasian; Vulgate; Zebedee.
- The Gospel of Peter and Early Christian Apologetics: Rewriting the Story of Jesus’ Death, Burial, and Resurrection. Mohr Siebeck, 2011.
- Book Review: Gospel Fragments, by Thomas J. Kraus, Michael J. Kruger, and Tobias Nicklas. Journal of Early Christian Studies 20 (2012): 335-36.
- Book Review: Saint Peter: The Underestimated Apostle, by Martin Hengel. Review of Biblical Literature [http://www.bookreviews.org/BookDetail.asp?TitleId=8109] (2012).
- Book Review: Mark, by William C. Placher. Religious Studies Review 38 (2012): 17.
- Book Review: Congregational Evangelism in Philippians, by Mark J. Keown. Expository Times 123 (2012): 352.
- Book Review: Jesus the Temple, by Nicholas Perrin. Expository Times 123 (2012): 308.\
- Society of Biblical Literature
- North American Patristics Society