- B.A. – Sioux Falls University University, 1971
- M.A. – University of St. Thomas, Curriculum and Instruction 
- Ed.D. - University of St. Thomas, Critical Pedagogy
- Consultant, Skills for Tomorrow High School, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Adjunct Professor, Ed.D. Program in Educational Administration, Bethel University
- Reading Helping Teacher, St. Paul Public Schools
- Elementary classroom teacher, St. Paul Public Schools
Margo has spent her adult life in the field of education. The first half was spent working in the elementary schools of St. Paul, where she taught at every elementary grade level except second. Her favorite is fourth grade. Margo has spent the longest portion of her career as an educator at North Central University. During her years at NCU, Margo has taught numerous courses in the education department and has chaired the department since 2002. In addition to teaching, Margo has been afforded the opportunity to travel to England, Israel, Toronto, Singapore, Malaysia, Kenya, East Africa, and China in a variety of capacities for the university.
Margo's research interests include studies of African American male students in third through fifth grades, when many lose interest in school, the causes of the achievement gap, and the residual effects of high stakes testing.
Peace Tabernacle A/G is the church home, where Margo serves as a teacher and often service conductor. Margo is blessed with three wonderful adult sons.