- Adjunct Faculty - New Testament
- Ph.D Candidate in Theology, University of Birmingham, UK (2013)
- B.A. magna cum laude, Pastoral Studies, North Central Bible College (1986)
- Senior Pastor at Eden Prairie Assembly of God (current)
- Emergency Management & Professional Chaplain Training for Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMTs (1996-current)
- Sr. Pastor, Meadowbrook Community Church, Champaign, IL (1996-1999)
- Chair, Youth Ministries Department, North Central Bible College, MN (1990-1996)
- Missions Pastor, Calvary Church, Naperville, IL (1988-1900)
- Youth Pastor, Summit Ave. Assembly, St. Paul, MN (1982-1986)
- Adjunct Teaching Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, Baguio City, The Philippines (1996)
- Seminar Instructor for Institute für Studenten – Brussels, also in Southern France and Italy.
- Guest student at Institute für Neutestamentalische Textforschung, Westfalische University, Münster (May 2006)
My Ph.D. thesis and research through ITSEE (Institute for Textual Study and Electronic Editing – England) comprised a decade of focussed study on a family of Byzantine Greek manuscripts (Family 13) by means of phylogenetic software (originally intended for DNA analysis) which, under the direction of Dr. David Parker, was repurposed to analyze Greek biblical texts.
For 13 years as an Emergency Services Chaplain I have had the opportunity to help EMT’s, Police, and Firepersons benefit from Critical Incident Stress Management. I have also been privileged to be part of at least two teams in Eden Prairie Police Department which received Unit Citations for service rendered in various emergencies. I have worked as part of the team of hundreds assisting the hundreds of emergency professionals who provided security and support at the 2008 Republican National Convention. I also worked to assist through counseling and management in North Minneapolis during the May 2011 crisis in which a tornado killed one and displaced hundreds. I have also been asked to provide emergency support in other communities such as Edina, Deephaven, Minnetonka, Hopkins, and Waconia.
- Eden Prairie Police & Fire Chaplaincy
- Society of Biblical Literature since 1988
- CATL (Center for Ancient Texts and Languages) Board member
Hobbies: Reading, bike riding, woodworking, learning new languages and maintaining the ones I already know.