PLUS (Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students)
Through this federal program, parents of dependent students are eligible to borrow the difference between the cost of attendance and financial aid awarded.
If the PLUS loan is NOT pre-approved, the student may be eligible for an additional Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (please contact North Central's Financial Aid Office for additional information).
- Maximum amount is student's cost of attendance less other financial aid.
- Repayment begins within 60 days of when the loan is fully disbursed unless the in-school deferment option is chosen during the application process.
- Interest rate is fixed at 6.41% and begins accruing after the first disbursement.
- Parents must not have adverse credit history.
Steps to apply for your PLUS Loan online:
(Please note: the Federal Parent PLUS Loan is in the parent's name and the following steps should be completed by the parent)
- Go to studentloans.gov, log in, and click on 'Request a Direct PLUS Loan'.
- If your credit is approved it will allow you to complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note (unless you have already completed one).
- If your credit is approved and you do want to take out the Parent PLUS loan, complete the PLUS Loan Request Form (below) and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. It will be matched with your online application and the loan processed.
- 2013-2014 Direct PLUS Loan Request Form