Introducing Graduate Studies at North Central University
Dear friend of NCU,
Please accept my personal invitation to apply for a graduate level course I’m privileged to teach this fall in “Spiritual Leadership.” The course is worth 3 credits toward the advanced degree that you might already be pursuing, or that you might choose to pursue later on. For your convenience, the class is offered from 6:30 to 9:10 Monday evenings in the Trask Worship Center chapel on North Central’s campus.
Spiritual leadership is entirely different from ordinary human leadership. It is rooted in the call of God, the supernatural gifts that God provides, and the proper working of the Body of Christ – the Church. It is not secular leadership dressed up in religious garb – a bad fit at best, and a poor substitute for the work of the Holy Spirit. The course “Spiritual Leadership” will help spiritual leaders learn how to employ biblical models of leadership, models that are designed by God to extend the Kingdom of God in the world.
In this course you will:
• develop an ethically and morally responsible vision;
• better understand social contexts;
• grasp complex personal and organizational challenges;
• find solutions consistent with your values and mission;
• gain cultural competence and sensitivity to the needs of diverse settings;
• learn to inspire and motivate people to achieve shared goals and objectives; and
• sharpen your commitment to fulfill God’s plans and purposes.
Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build communication, decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking skills as you learn to apply biblical leadership theories and principles.
AND earn 3 graduate level credits toward your advanced degree work.
I so look forward to seeing you in class – apply today!
Gordon Anderson, Ph.D.