Assistant Professor, Youth and Community Development
Departments: Pastoral Studies
Office: Chicago Hall
- Ed.D. in Education Leadership – Bethel University, in progress
- M.Ed. in Teaching and Learning – St. Mary’s University, 2004
- B.S. in Psychology – Northwestern University, 2000
- Adjunct Instructor – Graduate School of Education, St. Mary’s University (Minneapolis, MN) – 2014 to Present
- Evangelist – Minnesota Jurisdictional Church of God in Christ (Minneapolis, MN) – 1996 to Present
- Director – School Based Mentoring Program, Saint Paul Public Schools (St. Paul, MN) – 2003 to 2010
- Supervisor – Teen Challenge (Sacramento, CA) – 1981 to 1983
Young brings more than 30 years of experience in teaching and youth ministry to North Central faculty in 2015. A licensed evangelist, Young has served at Teen Challenge, Ramsey County Juvenile Detention Center, and various women shelters throughout the Twin Cities. She is committed to training leaders who serve and empower others in the church and throughout the world.
Along with her husband, Willis, the two reside in St. Paul, MN. They have two children, Augustus and Alexandra.