Department: PSEO – YEAH
- Ph.D. in Family Psychology at Capella University, Minneapolis, MN (2007)
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK (1990) with a focus on child counseling.
- B.S. in Psychology from Oral Roberts University, Tulsa (1987).
- She has been employed in several psychological settings including a community mental health center, domestic violence/battered woman shelter, private practice, and an in-patient hospital ward.
- In addition to providing consultation for therapists who specialize in treating trauma disorders,.
- Dr. Chara has been published in psychological journals and recently had four children’s therapeutic books published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- She has taught home educated youth psychology classes in a co-op setting and has home educated their four children.
- She has tutored at The Academy since 2006.
- Dr. Chara is an adjunct professor at North Central University, University of Northwestern (St. Paul) and Kaplan University.