North Central University is proud to be one of the schools that offer Best Semester programs. These Best Semester programs are available to North Central University students through NCU’s membership in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Because these programs are not run by NCU, they may be more expensive than a typical NCU semester, but if you have specific goals in mind and would like to study across the nation these exciting and wide-ranging programs can help you achieve them. NCU students study a wide range of academic subjects and gain hands-on learning experience alongside students from other Christian colleges across the U.S.
Programs in the U.S.
- American Studies Program — Washington, D.C.
- L.A. Film Studies Program – ideal for Communication Arts majors
- Contemporary Music Center — Nashville, TN – ideal for Music and Worship majors
Featured Overseas Programs
- Australia Studies Centre
- Latin American Studies Center — Costa Rica – ideal for Intercultural Studies majors
- Uganda Studies Program — includes a Social Work option
- Scholar’s Semester in Oxford
Steps to exploring your interest in a Best Semester Program
- Select a program that fits with your personal and academic goals. Follow the links above to learn more about class offerings, application schedules and costs of each program. Make contact with Best Semester directly through their website so that you will receive updates about the program in which you are interested. Remember, you need to be a Junior or Senior by the time you study abroad.
- Fill out the NCU Best Semester Application, Checklist, and Personalized Semester Abroad Academic Program Form, and turn in to Angela Brodine (email@example.com), Study Abroad Coordinator at NCU, Miller Hall 101
- Once you’ve been approved to study across the nation, meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss options for classes to take while studying abroad and complete the Personalized Semester Abroad Academic Program Form. This step is essential to knowing whether a program will be a good fit for you, since being allowed to go on a Best Semester program is dependent upon making progress in your NCU degree with classes that fill requirements for your degree program (whether Gen Ed, Major/Minor or Electives).
- Make an appointment to discuss your Financial Aid situation. Your financial aid options are dependent upon successful completion of the Personalized Semester Abroad Academic Program Form.
- Apply for the program of your choice through the Best Semester website. Because Best Semester charges a $50 application fee, it is not recommended to apply before completing the Personalized Semester Abroad Academic Program Form.
- As part of the application process, the NCU Registrar will need to approve you for the program. This approval is dependent upon completion of the Personalized Semester Abroad Academic Program Form.
- Once you are accepted, and pay your deposit, Best Semester will inform NCU and send a bill for your tuition and room & board. These costs will be added to your student account and you will pay NCU for them. Students are responsible for any additional costs such as travel and personal expenses.