Dean, College of Arts and Sciences,
Assistant Professor, English
- Ed.D., Higher Education Leadership and Administration, Bethel University
- MA, English, University of St. Thomas
- B.S., English, Literature and Writing Concentrations, University of North Central
- Dean, College of Arts and Sciences – North Central University
- Assistant Professor, English – North Central University
What do you love about teaching at North Central?
The students. Our NCU students are caring, compassionate, curious, and motivated. I love teaching them and encouraging their growth both inside and outside the classroom.
Desirée Libengood joined our faculty at North Central University in 2010. She attended North Central as a student, earning her bachelors degree in English literature and creative writing. She went on to earn her masters degree in English and the University of St. Thomas. While there, she worked in the Center for Writing as a graduate mentor, and she also worked at Wellstone International High School for newcomer immigrant and refugee high school students.
Following this, she began teaching at Crown College and North Central University. She holds an Ed.D in higher education leadership and administration from Bethel University. She has done research on diversity in Christian higher education and has presented at a number of national conferences on this research.
Desirée lives with her husband, Lance, and their five children in Eden Prairie.