Applied Studies: Medical Office Administration
North Central University’s Applied Studies: Medical Office Administration program provides real-world training for students interesting in working in medical offices.
This degree will prepare you to become a valuable member of a medical office. Learn about the administration in the medical field, software programs, and more.
What sets us apart
Skills you’ll gain
When you graduate from the Medical Office Administration program, you’ll be prepared with skills and knowledge in:
- Computer and medical administrative skills regarding electronic health records
- Medical terminology, human biology, insurance coding
- Completing/understanding medical transcripts
- Understanding both private and government insurance claims
Our graduates succeed in a variety of jobs and careers. Here are some possibilities:
- Medical Office Assistant
- Health Information Technician
- Speech Recognition Editor
- Medical Scribe
- Patient Coordinator
- Insurance and Billing Coordinator
You could work in a variety of settings, including:
- Medical offices and clinics
- Nursing homes
- Dental offices
- Insurance companies
Download the one sheet!
Simply fill in your info on the form to download the informational one sheet that covers:
- An overview of the program
- Classes you’ll take
- Exciting jobs you can get after graduation
Interested in earning your degree in Medical Office Administration at NCU?
All students must complete the General Education Core and Christian Studies Core. General electives may be added or an optional minor may be selected. You need 124 total credit hours to complete an Applied Studies: Medical Office Administration degree.
Meet one of your professors
Interim Dean of Graduate and Professional Education
Associate Professor, Business Administration
Department: College of Business and Technology
Juris Doctorate, Southern University Law Center
Master of Business Administration, Metropolitan State University
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Northwestern State University
- Licensed Attorney, Louisiana and Minnesota
- Moot Court Board, Southern University Law Center
- The Journal of Race, Gender & Poverty Publication, Southern University Law Center
- The American Trial Lawyers Association Mock trial team, Southern University Law Center