In this section


Are you a student who was homeschooled for high school? You have a few different options to demonstrate that you’ve completed your state’s requirements for high school graduation.

Here’s how you apply:

Step 1 — Apply

You can apply online, or complete a paper application (pdf). There’s a $25 application fee.

Step 2 — Send your homeschool transcript or GED scores

As a homeschooled student, you’ll need to show proof that you’ve completed your state’s requirements for high school graduation. You and your family are responsible for knowing the requirements for your state. Proof of graduation is traditionally provided through a high school transcript. At North Central, we offer three options for homeschool students to meet this requirement.

  1. GED (General Educational Development Test)—Some states require that a homeschool student take the GED. (If your state requires a GED, then you need to request your GED scores be sent to us.)
  2. Student Transcript (provided by outside source)—If you’re affiliated with a homeschool program, academy, or consortium, request that they forward a copy of your official transcript to North Central. If you’re part of an organization that doesn’t provide a student transcript, your family will be responsible to provide a transcript as stated in the step below.
  3. Student Transcript (provided by family)—If your program has been customized by your family, you’ll need to provide North Central with a detailed transcript. The person in charge of the homeschool program is the one who makes the  official transcript. You can use our Homeschool Transcript Form (doc) to help. The following information is required on your transcript:
    • Name of each class
    • Grade for each class
    • Signature—Provide signature of the person(s) in charge of the home school
    • Date of graduation on the final transcript—After you graduate, we’ll require a final transcript that includes a date of graduation. Transcripts sent prior to graduation are called initial transcripts and can be used in the acceptance process.

Step 3 — Send your ACT or SAT scores

Forward your results from either the ACT or the SAT. An ACT score of 18 or above or an SAT total score of 850 or above is required for regular admission (the written portion isn’t required).

Are your test scores a little low? You can still be considered for admission on a provisional status.

Where should I send my application and forms?

Mail all of your application materials to:

North Central University Admissions Office
910 Elliot Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404

What happens after I complete these steps?

Once we’ve received all of your application materials, we’ll review your application and inform you of an admissions decision as soon as we can.


We’re here to help! Our admissions counselors can answer any questions you have. Or you can reach out to us at 1.800.289.6222 or