DINING AND FOOD SERVICES
It will be an exciting year for Dining Services at North Central! Construction is underway for a renovated dining center and food services experience powered by our new partner Sodexo. The pandemic has caused some unanticipated slowdowns in material deliveries and the permitting process, so unfortunately we are anticipating the Dining Center’s grand re-opening may be delayed until a date to be determined in September.
But we promise no one will go hungry! Our new Dining Services General Manager Nicole Dowhaniuk is not only a creative chef but a creative planner! She is overseeing an extensive contingency plan for food and dining in the event our facilities are not fully operational, and we will be communicating those details prior to the arrival of students for fall semester.
Food policy and guidelines
All students, faculty, and staff should operate under these guidelines, with any requested approvals for variance being sent at least one week in advance:
- Food may be served in an outdoor setting, provided it is prepackaged or provided by Sodexo food services. Six-foot distancing must be maintained whenever possible.
- Food will not be allowed at NCU-sponsored indoor events or meetings, whether on or off campus, without prior approval from the Senior Leadership Team.
- Once the Dining Center is operational, faculty and staff are asked to get carry-out food rather than eating in the dining facility. This will enable us to prioritize seating for students.
- Consuming food and beverages is not allowed in classrooms or conference rooms at this time.
- This policy will continue to be monitored and updated as needed.
Safe dining and eating
Once the Dining Center is operational, there will be protocols and procedures for our community to help make the dining experience as safe as possible. You can expect:
- All students, employees, and guests will be required to wear masks in the dining facilities unless they are seated at a table.
- The Dining Center will have furniture and spacing arranged to maximize social distancing.
- The Dining Center will be adjusted to partial capacity.
- Automatic hand sanitizers will be placed at the entrance to the Dining Center and Deli, as well as throughout the dining areas.
- Six-foot distancing signage will also be posted throughout the dining facilities and Plexiglas barriers with be installed at each register and food serving location.
- A “green box” takeout and preorder system powered by Sodexo will be available.
- Quick-grab lunches ordered as part of a food plan will be available at a designated cold-storage location.
- Students in isolation or quarantine will have their meals delivered to them.
- Apartment residents can order takeout meals via the Sodexo website (coming soon).
- No self-service catered meals for the time being.
- No self-service meals for regular food service for at least the first two weeks of school.