English Adjunct Faculty
School of English and Communication Arts
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a dynamic Christian learning community educating students for lives of service throughout society, the marketplace, and the church. In keeping with its Pentecostal heritage and mission, NCU models and expects excellence in both academic practice and Christian faith.
The English Department is seeking adjunct faculty to teach a variety of residential, face-to-face English courses.
Current specific course needs
- Rhetoric and Research (Freshman Composition)
- A variety of literature courses
- A variety of grammar courses
- A variety of creative writing courses
- An earned Master’s Degree in English or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Committed to Biblical integration in and out of the classroom.
Working conditions and frequency
Equipment and Tools
- Use of a PC, telephone, and email.
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment.
North Central University employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, familial status, and status with regard to public assistance. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.