Associate Director of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world (Ephesians 4:11-12).
As a formal collaboration between the North Central University College of Business and Technology (COBAT) and Operations, three campus business offices receive dedicated and purposeful joint oversight to foster a robust student learning experience. The Associate Director’s role is to first, oversee the Manager of the IIE who, in turn, supervises the operations in a collaborative nature with the Program Director of the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IIE) with the goal of activating and nurturing measurable growth in three campus departments: Facility Events, Campus Store, and Copy and Mailing Services (SBU’s). Secondly, the Associate directors is to lead the business development arm of the IIE to seek out new business opportunities within the student body, local community and international Business as Missions (BAM) environment.
Additionally, effective administration by the Associate Director of a dedicated student workforce, providing opportunities to pair learning with hands-on, real-world work, is a key component of determining success for the venture between the IIE and Operations.
- Assist the Program Director of the IIE in carrying out the mission of the IIE and Operations in the three SBU’s as well as business development.
- Lead and manage the Manager for the IIE and Facilities Events Coordinator.
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and objectives for the three SBU’s to ensure appropriate allocation of resources to support the university’s mission
- In collaborating with the Program Director, lead the marketing agency within the IIE as well as any new agencies.
- Develop short- and long-range goals and objectives in collaboration with the IIE Program Director.
- Oversee the Manager of the IIE in their management of the textbook adoption process, including but not limited to textbook adoption and buyback duties.
- Prepare and provide financial information, operational metrics, and forecasts for instructors to be utilized for learning opportunities in university classes.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Initiate appropriate strategies and actions to enhance the growth and activities of the SBU’s.
- Complete statistical reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Maintain proper systems of accounting, internal controls, purchasing, and budgetary control
- Work with the Manager of the IIE to develop annual operating budgets for all three departments (in coordination with the Program Director of the IIE).
- Systematically review and evaluate relationships with vendors to ensure the university is working with the best pricing, quality products, and approved vendors.
- Coordinate the contracts and services of each office enterprise.
- Create robust operations manuals and succession plans to ensure continuity as student employees cycle through the program.
- Responsible for hiring and training of student employees including student leaders and management.
Minimum Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in managing small to medium size teams
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Windows operating system including applications
Working conditions and frequency
Equipment and Tools
Use of a PC and telephone and basic office equipment approximately 95% of the workday
Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis
Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.