Full Time, Non-exempt (hourly)
The Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible to serve as a member of the Advancement Team and be responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of the donor database through data management, analysis, reporting, prospect research and maintenance. In addition, they will coordinate and assist in the planning of Advancement events.
Key Result Areas and Essential and Secondary Functions:
Internal and External Reporting for Raiser’s Edge – 25%
- Assist in providing necessary documentation from Advancement for annual audit
- Ability to use batch processing
- Generates weekly and monthly donor reports as requested by Advancement and Executive Teams
- Generates monthly key performance indicator (KPI) data reports
- Creates and Maintain North Central University’s Donor Database Manual
- Provide data support for major gift and planned gift efforts as requested
Data Management and Analysis for Raiser’s Edge – 55%
- Ensure accurate data collection and data integrity through regular data checks and reviews of donor records and fields
- Works directly with the Advancement Team to capture, maintain and extract detailed reports and data in a timely manner regarding donors, events, volunteers and clients through Raiser’s Edge
- Oversees filing of gift entry paperwork according to North Central University’s policy
- Implement the gift acknowledgement process in a timely basis with the highest level of accuracy (includes preparation of letters, secure proper signatures, photocopying, and filing)
- The identification, removal, resolution and integration of conflicting or duplicate records
- Maintenance and correction of all demographic and personal data
- Proactively engages in training and brings best practices and innovations regarding North Central University’s donor database to the benefit of the Advancement team and meeting fundraising goals
- Manage all online contributions and ensure transition into the donor database
- Coordinate month end reconciliation with the Finance Department
- Ensure the continuity of all data entered into Raiser’s Edge (both new constituents and gifts, creation of funds, accounts, batches, etc.)
- Regular monitoring and cleanup of constituent records to ensure data integrity and overall data health
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge and other tools to perform prospect research and wealth screening for the Advancement team members
Organization of Advancement special events – Project Management
- Oversee all aspects of registration and planning for Advancement events such as Partners for Progress as well as assist Athletic Director with the annual Golf Tournament.
- Assist with all additional Advancement related special events as needed – Homecoming, Graduation Receptions, Grad Expos, Super Saturday, etc.
A high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year secretarial/administrative experience. Two years of post-secondary education preferred.
Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database management system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate and follow-up verbally and in writing to ensure shared understanding of information.
Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds to manage office supplies.
Ability to learn new software systems quickly. Knowledge of, and ability to fully use, technological resources including a wide variety of computer programs and applications.
Knowledge and skills in the use of Microsoft Office products and knowledge of or openness to learning Raiser’s Edge (RE) database.
Working Conditions and Frequency
Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis.
Work environment involves working in a Christ-centered university.
Position involves use of a PC or telephone approximately 95% of the workday.