Facilities Events Coordinator
Director of Strategy and Business Development
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world (Ephesians 4: 11-12).
The Facilities Events Coordinator is a part time (20hrs a week) position that will be primarily focused on outside sales, as well as administrative duties required for internal events coordination, for North Central University facilities by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
(70%) External Sales
- Plans, develops, and implements a comprehensive event and group ticket sales plan in coordination with the Marketing department to ensure overall consistency across the various properties. To include but not limited to; grassroots marketing, networking, cold and warm calls, proactive community involvement.
- Assists in achieving quarterly and yearly department sales goals as set by management.
- Identifies and contacts prospective clients to promote event and groups ticket sales on a daily basis while facilitating proper execution of all events to ensure clients expectations are met and that events run smoothly and efficiently.
- Provides the highest level of customer service, in planning and executing events. Works independently and is inventive and creative. Possesses the ability to work with a diverse work force and effectively manage and communicate with operations support staff.
- Responsible for creating contract terms that comply with local laws and North Central University’s business strategy and code of ethics.
- Responsible for updating online event specific information on websites, and any other online or in-house platform.
- Advise clients of and enforce the following: facility capacities, required permits, company policies and procedures, and the fire code.
- Address and resolve visitors’ concerns and complaints and troubleshoot issues on the floor.
(30%) Internal Events Management and Administration
- Process any paperwork necessary to facilitate event planning.
- Approve/Deny events based on specified protocol from housekeeping and operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
- College degree preferred.
- 2+ years previous event sales experience in a catering facility, hotel or restaurant.
- CRM software experience required, Ad Astra preferred.
- Reliable and consistent work attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Excellent skill-set to include verbal/written communication, problem identification, problem solving, time management and math competency skills.
Equipment and Tools
Use of a PC and telephone, photocopier and facsimile machine approximately 95% of the workday.
- Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis.
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063