Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
Director of Athletics
The head men’s lacrosse coach position exists to recruit, develop, and retain student-athletes that fit the North Central University culture, growing them in their spiritual, academic, and athletics pursuits.
Lead the intercollegiate men’s lacrosse team as head coach
- Based on university and departmental mission, recruit male student-athletes to fill and maintain a lacrosse roster based on NCAA Division III collegiate standards.
- Develop and retain student-athletes in the growth of their personal faith and sport skill.
- Fulfill operational duties such as practice, game, referee, and facility scheduling.
- Hire and supervise assistant coaches for program.
- Represent men’s lacrosse program at required conference, regional, and national meetings.
- Oversee program equipment and uniform inventory.
- Successfully manage annual program budget.
- Adhere to all mandates and policies as described in the Coach’s handbook.
- Operate in compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
Minimum Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and previous coaching experience required. While not required, previous experience as a college student-athlete is ideal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with a variety of diverse personalities.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of institutional budgets and ability to manage fiscal responsibilities.
- Knowledge of athletics, physical education and recreation with insights as they relate to present trends and society.
- Ability to plan, organize, conduct and participate in effective staff meetings.
Working conditions and frequency
Equipment and Tools
Use of a PC and/or telephone approximately 35% of the time.
- Position involves exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis.
- Lifting 25-45 lbs repeatedly.
- Work environment involves working in an urban, Christ-centered university.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063