Human Resources/Payroll Associate
The Human Resources/Payroll Associate is responsible for the day to day functions of the Human Resources Department as it relates to with payroll administration, benefits processing, and maintaining employee records. Additional duties will include job postings and assisting supervisors in coordinating applicant tracking and interviewing.
Description of Duties
(50%) Payroll and employee records functions
Bi-weekly input and verification of payroll changes
Assure accuracy in employee records
Bi weekly running and locking of payroll for all employee classes
Post payroll verification and deduction reconciliation
Maintain employment and payroll files for all classes of employees
(25%) Benefits Administration
- Reconcile bi-weekly payroll deductions and benefits
- Assist employees with benefits questions
- Assist with annual open enrollment by communicating with employees, data entry and verification and vendor assistance as
(15%) Job Postings and Tracking
- Work with supervisors to assure job descriptions are updated
- Update our website with new job postings
- Assist supervisors in applicant tracking and setting up interviews if assistance is requested.
- Conduct initial interviews if requested.
(10%) Other Human Resources functions as assigned
Includes serving as Deputy Title IX Coordinator in a back-up capacity
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business
- Previous Human Resources experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- General knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources functions
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Working Conditions and Frequency
Equipment and Tools
Use of a PC and telephone, photocopier and printer approximately 95% of the workday
Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis
Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063