Human Resources Intern
Student Employment, Part time
Director, Human Resources
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world. Eph. 4:11-12
The Human Resources Intern will serve in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources to assist in the day to day operations of the department.
(50%) Student employment
- Assist with employment paperwork for student new hires including creating wage disclosures
- Creation of new employee accounts on payroll system
- Assist with hiring process for returning student workers for Fall 2020 before summer break begins
- Bi-weekly input and verification of payroll changes
- Assure accuracy in employee records
- Assist with bi-weekly running and locking of payroll
(20%) Job postings and tracking
- Work with supervisors to assure job descriptions are updated
- Update the NCU job page with new job postings
- Assist supervisors in applicant tracking
(15%) Benefits administration
- Assist with reconciliation of bi-weekly payroll deductions and benefits
- Assist with processing monthly billings for employee benefits
(15%) Updating of NCU employee manual
- Assist with updates of NCU policy manual
- Creating a new format for the manual utilizing links to the NCU policy page
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- General knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources functions
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Working conditions and frequency
Equipment and Tools
Use of a PC and telephone, photocopier and printer approximately 95% of the workday.
- Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis.
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063