IT Service Desk Technician
The IT Service Desk Technician is responsible for the support and maintenance of North Central’s computer fleet, classroom technology, and software solutions. This position also assists with network and server support.
Description of Duties
Provide Customer Service
- Provide high quality service to clients while working independently or as part of a team to resolve issues.
- Provide triage, troubleshooting, and analysis of hardware and software issues.
- Provide set-up, configuration, installation, and support for computers and other devices (e.g. printers and scanners) for clients.
- Assist with network setup and troubleshooting both wireless and wired network connections.
- Provide basic user account administration; including, but not limited to password resets and account unlocks.
Provide Network and Server Support Services
- Create, update, and maintain images for Windows (Microsoft SCCM) and Apple computers (JAMF/Casper Suite).
- Assist with support for network equipment, including servers, phones, printers, file servers, application servers, routers, and switches.
- Assist with network security administration tasks; including but not limited to user account management, group management, and permissions management.
- Recommend improvements for the efficient operation and support of NCU technology and processes.
- Develop and maintain internal and client-facing documentation.
- Assist in the procurement of technology by identifying needs, specifications, and obtaining vendor quotations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and experience
- An A.A.S. Degree in a technology-related field is highly preferred. Information Technology will consider related work experience in lieu of education.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of information technology industry and a wide range of hardware and software
- Skill in listening to and interpreting user problem descriptions
- Skill in delivering quality customer service and satisfying clients
- Skill in systematically troubleshooting problems
- Skill in learning new things, as products and technologies rapidly evolve
- Skill in observing security precautions in all system usage
- Skill in documenting activities performed
- Ability to lift and move large, bulky boxes up to 50 pounds (monitors, PCs, printers).
- Ability to travel to employee office locations throughout campus
- Ability to multi-task, and follow through on details
- Ability to contribute and co-operate in-group efforts
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of information present on supported systems
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft System Tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac computing environments
Working Conditions and Frequency:
- Daily exposure to repetitive motions of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Exposure to awkward body positioning–working in tight spaces (working on PCs under desks)
- Position is in an urban, Christ-centered university
Equipment and Tools:
- Position involves use of a PC and telephone – approximately 70% of the workday
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063