Marketing Project Manager and Social Media Coordinator
Full time, non exempt
Director of Marketing
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world (Ephesians 4: 11-12).
This position is responsible for an efficient and effective work flow process in the marketing department. From initiation to completion the project manager is in charge of team communication, maintaining project timelines, and ensuring high quality results. Additionally, the role of Social Media Coordinator is someone who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things North Central. Someone who is thorough, yet sees the big picture. A self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills. They are an active social media participant with a strong editorial sensibility. S/he is both creative and analytical, and is a strategic, growth-minded thinker with strong journalistic/editorial judgment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
(50%) Project Management
- Meets with internal and external clients about projects
- Communicates team responsibilities for each project
- Tracks project progress and timelines through Basecamp
- Manages team members’ project loads
- Communicates with stakeholders about costs, project changes, etc
- Creates and delivers project reports
(40%) Execute NCU’s Social Media strategy
- Schedule and coordinate creative written and visual (e.g., photography, video) content across social media channels.
- Optimize institutional pages within each social platform to increase the visibility and brand consistency of North Central University’s social content.
- Collaborate with Digital and Content Marketing specialist on digital marketing strategies, including PPC and paid social advertising.
- Keep daily tabs of notifications, messages, and comments made on/to NCU accounts
- Oversees student Social Media Coordinator (20/wk student to assist with social media.)
- Assists Director of Marketing with various project research/ other needs
- Pays invoices
- Track and pays monthly expenses
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or related field.
- Experience using Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Twitter Ads Manager
- Experience in advertising, social media, and online marketing.
- Ability to work remotely at times on evenings and weekends, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to function without direct supervision and maintain high motivation
- Ability to track and maintain multiple projects at once
- Highly skilled at communication
- Extremely detailed-oriented to ensure project needs are not overlooked
- Is a self-motivated worker, and values collaboration
- Must support the mission and vision of North Central University, as an Assemblies of God Institution
- Knowledge of Christian higher education market.
- Ability to lead, facilitate, or coordinate cross-departmental teams.
Equipment and Tools
- Use of a PC and telephone.
- Collaborative, co-working office space.
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063