Social Work Program Director
Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world (Ephesians 4: 11-12).
The Social Work Program Director is responsible for supporting the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences by managing North Central University’s BSW program. This position will provide oversight and leadership to the BSW program’s development, including curriculum preparation, recruitment and admissions oversight, accreditation leadership, and student support. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with teaching in higher education and a clear understanding of the accreditation process, as well as substantial experience in social work practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the ongoing accreditation process with CSWE, including continuous review and assessment of the program to ensure compliance with CSWE.
- Curriculum development and oversight, course planning, and providing recommendations to the Department Chair regarding faculty teaching assignments.
- Teaching core social work courses and electives.
- Overseeing student recruitment efforts and managing the admissions process, including meeting with prospective students, making admission decisions, and orientation of incoming students.
- Working with the Field Coordinator to develop partnerships with local and regional agencies to identify appropriate placements for students.
- Overseeing student progress and managing academic actions (i.e. advising, student review, student dismissal from program).
- Representing and advocating for the BSW program in the University.
- MSW from a CSWE-approved program
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-MSW experience in social work practice
- Minnesota Social Work license (LGSW, LISW or LICSW) or ability to obtain at least LGSW status by August 25th, 2021.
- A DSW or a PhD in Social Work.
- Two years of teaching experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated understanding of the 2015 CSWE EPAS standards and experience with the CSWE accreditation process.
- Established record of teaching effectiveness with diverse student populations.
In addition to the Faculty Employment Application, please submit the following
- Letter of interest
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Personal Faith
- Teaching Philosophy
Working conditions and frequency
Equipment and Tools
Use of a PC and telephone, photocopier and facsimile machine approximately 95% of the workday.
- Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis.
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063