Student Financial Services Counselor
Student Financial Services
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world (Ephesians 4:11-12).
The Student Financial Services Counselor specializes above all else in providing excellent customer service as one of the first points of contact in the Student Financial Services Office. This position also manages the federal and state work-study programs, VA Benefits, processing scholarships, financial aid awarding, FAFSA verification, and reviewing PJs and Dependency Overrides. In addition to financial aid knowledge and tasks, this counselor is also expected to have an understanding of the entire student financial services process to assist students in getting the help they need.
Minimum Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years office related experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be able to multi-task through constant interruptions and distractions
- Be flexible as things change in financial aid on a regular basis
- Have the ability to de-escalate parents and students
- Work in a team oriented setting
- Strong administrative skills with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn federal and state higher education requirements and apply them.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years or more in administrative role
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Skill in math and accounting procedures to reconcile student and financial aid fund accounts.
Working conditions and frequency
Position involves the use of a computer or telephone approximately 70% of the time.
Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis.
Work environment is fast-paced environment with multiple demands.
Work environment involves working in an urban, Christ-centered university.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.