Full Time Non-Exempt
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a dynamic Christian learning community educating students for lives of service throughout society, the marketplace, and the church. In keeping with its Pentecostal heritage and mission, NCU models and expects excellence in both academic practice and Christian faith.
The IT Business Analyst works closely with clients to examine business models, operational and strategic challenges, and institutional processes. This includes the flows of data in enterprise applications, collaboratively analyzing findings, and designing or implementing an appropriate solutions and process.
The IT Business Analyst works with all activities within the full project lifecycle including: requirements gathering, design, development, configuration, testing, training and change management, deployment, documentation, and user support. This role will help ensure that projects and department initiatives are accomplished within defined time and in line with university priorities.
- Analyze business strategy and university needs, document specifications, and translate business objectives into realized solutions.
- Perform services for implementation and integration of solutions in the areas of requirements gathering, process review, application and workflow design, configuration and testing, end-user training, and ongoing support.
- Work effectively with university offices and subject matter experts in a collaborative manner, building constructive and effective relationships.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by assessing effectiveness of current processes, programs, and systems to recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, increased quality, improved user experience, and alignment with university initiatives.
- Support university departments during the selection and implementation of new solutions and services, including ad-hoc training.
- Assist with the support and administration of Ellucian Colleague, university databases, and other specialized enterprise software utilized by the university.
- Perform troubleshooting of complex technical issues related to system functionality, application development, and data integrity.
- Answer questions regarding system functionality, processing procedures, and issues.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT Business Analyst, IT Systems Analyst, or related role
- Proven ability support software, implementing enterprise software solutions, and introducing new technology features and functionality to user groups.
- Experience with SQL, SQL server, SSIS, SSRS, and Microsoft Access.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague, Salesforce, APIs.
Minimum Education and experience
- 1+ years of experience working with data tools (advanced Excel, Access, SQL, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience supporting customers.
- Self-starter that can work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with a diverse community of staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to manage multiple small projects simultaneously and adapt priorities quickly and effectively.
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through clear problem-solving and communication skills and the delivery of high-quality work
Working conditions and frequency
Outside of office hours
- Coverage for system emergencies during evenings or weekends.
- Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.