North Central University introduced their second cadre of Act Six scholars at the Act Six Celebration Ceremony on Tuesday, March 14. The university partners with Urban Ventures, a faith-based nonprofit organization breaking the cycle of poverty through programs that empower families to take control of their futures. Act Six Twin Cities is Minneapolis-St. Paul’s only full-tuition, full-need urban leadership award.
We are excited to congratulate the following students on being selected as NCU’s second cadre:
- Aliyah Caples Becker, Osseo High School
- Yeng Her, Park Center IB World High School
- Celeste Hofstede, Coon Rapids High School
- Gabrielle Knight, Maranatha Christian Academy
- Alejandra Llerena, Columbia Heights High School
- Noah Newbauer, Brooklyn Center High School
- Lindsey Semrau, John F Kennedy Senior High School
The seven new students have participated in several months of training with fellow Act Six scholars across the Twin Cities including schools Bethel University, University of Northwestern-St. Paul, and Augsburg College. The students will officially arrive on campus for Welcome Week on August 16, 2017.
Hear from Edwin Quinon, one of the bright students chosen for cadre one. Quinon was one of the current recipients that volunteered at Tuesday night’s ceremony along with a few other NCU students.