It’s our mission to prepare you for leadership and service, wherever you’re called. Here are some ways we’ve been recognized for fulfilling that mission.
Rankings and recognition
- Ranked one of the top 25 Christian Colleges and Universities in the Midwest region for 2018
- Best Colleges by World & News: Ranked #51 in the Midwest region for 2018
- 2015 Editor’s pick for “influencing worship around the globe”—Worship Leader Magazine
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges—A national publication devoted to academically outstanding juniors and seniors. Approximately 40 students are nominated annually from North Central University. Election is based on scholarship, citizenship, participation and leadership in academic and extracurricular activities.
- North Central University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The Social Work program at North Central is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Approvals and affiliations
- Approved by the Department of Education of the State of Minnesota for training of veterans and war orphans under Public Laws 358, 634, 87-815.
- Minnesota State Board of Teaching approval which allows certification for teachers in elementary education K-6 with endorsements in 5-8 Communication Arts & Literature, 5-8 Mathematics, and 5-8 Social Studies, as well as for 5-12 Communication Arts & Literature, 5-12 Mathematics, 5-12 Social Studies, and K-12 Vocal and Classroom Music.
- Approved by the United States Department of Justice for the training of foreign students.
- Approved by the State of Minnesota, Department of Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, for the training of students with disability handicaps.
- Registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
- Kappa Delta Pi—International Honor Society in Education
- Psi Chi—International Honor Society in Psychology.
- Sigma Tau Delta—International English Honor Society
- Sigma Beta Delta—College of Business and Technology Honor Society
- Theta Alpha Kappa—The National Honor Society for Religious Studies and Theology
- American Sign Language Honor Society – American Sign Language Teacher’s Association Honor Society
- Lambda Pi Eta – National Communication Association Honor Society