If you started your degree at North Central, Pathways will help you finish.
What is the Pathways Degree Completion Program?
The NCU Pathways program is a degree completion program focused on students who have been away from North Central for more than 5 years and would like to go back to college. This program works with our Registrar’s office and Deans’ Council to create an efficient, highly discounted pathway to allow you to finish your degree.
Flexibility to fit your lifestyle
Pathways students have flexible options for helping you finish your degree that are not available to traditional students. We want to help you go back to college and complete the credits you have left!
- On-campus or online courses
- Portfolio consideration (professional and prior learning evaluation)
- Transfer credits from other accredited universities considered
- Directed research courses
After re-application and degree evaluation, many students in the Pathways program only need to complete 1-2 major or general education courses and a portfolio (professional experience and prior learning assessment) to cover classes such as a senior project or internship.
I honestly thought my opportunity to graduate from North Central University had long passed. My experience with Dr. Brathwaite and the rest of the staff in the Pathways Program at NCU has been wonderful.
A completion plan was designed specifically for me taking into consideration my professional and volunteer experience as it related to my field of study many years ago. I felt as though I was being rewarded for the time that had passed instead of condemned. Now, after 25 plus years I can proclaim with gratitude and joy that I am an NCU grad!Heather L.
pathways student Qualifications
- Student must have been away from North Central for more than 5 years
- At least 50 credits completed in residency at North Central with more than 90 total completed credits
- GPA of 2.0 or higher (some exceptions apply if students are toward the 90 credit range)
If you are not sure you qualify for the NCU Pathways program, please contact our Admissions or Creative Education offices and we will help you determine your eligibility.
How to join the Pathways Program
Fill out the reapplication for admission and indicate your interest in Pathways. Our admissions team will connect with you soon about how you can finish your degree!
2018-2019 Pathways Program costs
- Degree evaluation fee: $210
- Tuition: $210 per credit
- Other fees for portfolio and graduation apply
2019-2020 Pathways Program costs
- Tuition: $225 per credit
- Program Fee: $150 per semester
- Other online, hybrid, and course fees may apply
Your next steps toward North Central
The admission process at NCU is intentionally simple. We welcome all applicants who have a personal relationship with Christ and are willing to live by the responsibilities of membership in a Christ-centered community.
- Re-apply for admission to complete your degree
Questions? Contact us.
We try to make it easy, but we know that the college application process can still be confusing. Don’t hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email with any questions or concerns: 1.800.289.6222 or email@example.com.