Online Church Leadership major at a glance
North Central’s fully online Church Leadership major will improve your skills as a ministry leader or launch you into a role in a church setting.
Sharpen and learn new skills to be an effective preacher, teacher, mentor, and leader. You’ll gain a firmly rooted biblical and theological understanding, understanding of leading a congregation and church organization, and a passion to serve God and your neighbor.
BENEFITS OF AN ONLINE DEGREE AT NORTH CENTRAL
When you earn your degree online through North Central University, you will:
- Have meaningful communications with faculty
- Experience a rigorous academic program
- Receive online tutoring
- Benefit from academic success coaching
- Participate in virtual live chapel
Download a list of your future courses as a Church Leadership major.
|Structure||8 week online courses|
|Tuition per credit||$395|
|Technology fee (per semester)||$200|
|Estimated total per semester (based on full-time enrollment level of 12-15 credits)||$4,940-$6,125|
What you'll learn
When you graduate from the Church Leadership program, you’ll have knowledge of:
- Historic and contemporary theology
- The Bible and its truths in today’s world
- The history, practices, and beliefs of the Assemblies of God
- The operation, administration, and organization of the local church, including the unique role of the lead pastor
- The mission of the Church
- The legal aspects of pastoral ministry
- The practice of personal spiritual formation in regards to character and responsibility
Skills you’ll gain
When you graduate from the Church Leadership program, you’ll be prepared to:
- Preach and teach
- Foster interpersonal relationships
- Lead groups of various sizes
- Manage projects and goals for a ministry or organization
- Help and minister to all people of any age, socioeconomic background, cultural or ethnic group, etc.
- Evangelize and disciple
- Demonstrate pastoral care and counseling
- Offer special services and their biblical background including communion, baptism, funerals, weddings, baby dedications, installation of officers
- Maintain a meaningful devotional life
- Maintain a healthy personal and family life
- Serve as a model of consistent Christian character and lifestyle
- Possess financial and other management skills
Our graduates succeed in a variety of jobs and careers. Here are some possibilities:
- Bible Instructor
- Christian Administrator
- Church Planter
- Military Chaplain
- Ministry Worker
Zeus Vital '13
"North Central had an enormous impact on how I pursued my calling to ministry. My classroom experience was essential, and so was the one-on-one attention I received from professors. They were able to point out areas where I needed to grow as a student and a spiritual leader. I wouldn't be here without them."
All students must complete the General Education Core and Christian Studies Core. General electives may be added or an optional minor may be selected. You need 124 total credit hours to complete the Church Leadership degree.
Meet one of your professors
College Life Center (CLC)
Douglas M. Graham
Vice President of Spiritual Life
It is an incredible privilege to serve here at NCU! As a graduate (’86), I am proud that all four of my children are NCU Alums, and my wife will soon graduate with her degree! North Central University is indeed a Graham family legacy.
What are your areas of expertise?
My area of interest in teaching here at NCU is in church leadership and spiritual life development.
What do you love about teaching at North Central?
I love the hunger for life-long learning that is evident in the students at NCU. Students come to NCU because they intend for their life to make a difference in the world. I believe that the world and church of tomorrow rests in the students of today. For this reason, I am honored to be a part of an academic and spiritual preparation process that is committed to launching students around the world to be godly and strategic leaders for the 21st Century.
What are your favorite classes to teach?
- Personal Formation of the Spiritual Leader (freshman)
- Pastoral Theology (juniors)
- Personal Leadership Development (Graduate Studies – MA Strategic Leadership)