Mental Health Counselor
This position should be viewed as a post-masters clinical position designed to assist in achieving licensure hours as a Licensed Professional Counselor [LPC] and or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor [LPCC].
Position is part-time (24 hours per week) during the academic year, and runs from mid-August until mid-May. Scheduled work hours are 8-4:30.
Description of Duties
- Provide short-term individual mental health counseling/psychotherapy to college students
- Provide crisis intervention and assessment (including drop-in hours)
- Provide initial triage support to clients and assist in managing client flow through the SSC’s service offerings
- Assist with collaborative community education programming, training, and/or outreach services
- Provide referral guidance and consultation services to students, parents and the larger campus community
- Prepare appropriate documentation and reports
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings and case consultations
- Participate in professional development and maintain credentials consistent with the position.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in counseling, clinical psychology or related mental health field required
- Licensed, or license eligible, in the state of Minnesota to practice in stated counseling-related field
- 1-3 years of professional mental health counseling experience required
- Ability to assess and treat mental health conditions via individual counseling with young adults age 17-25
- Strong crisis intervention skills
- Ability to provide a responsive and sensitive approach to triaging students’ presenting concerns and directing students to appropriate resources
- Ability to maintain timely and accurate counseling records
- Ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic skills in using general office equipment (computer, scanner, printer, etc.)
Inquiries and applications should be addressed to:
Interested candidates should submit a one to two page paper outlining your personal faith journey and how you intend to integrate this into your position, along with your professional resume and cover letter via the online application.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063