Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor, Old Testament
Department: College of Church Leadership – Biblical Studies
Institution: North Central University
Application Deadline: November 7
Position Start Date: August 2022
Job categories: Assistant or Associate Professor
North Central University is a Christian university in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with a Bible-based and Pentecostal foundation and a commitment to academic excellence. North Central prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world.
Preferred candidate will have a Ph.D. in Old Testament or related field. Instructional responsibilities include teaching 12 hours per semester of biblical Hebrew language studies and courses in biblical studies. Additional responsibilities include advising and mentoring students, relevant departmental work, institutional committee work and service, and relevant scholarly activity. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Ph.D. and evidence of teaching ability and scholarship
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Effective pedagogical practices, with an ongoing willingness to grow and develop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of church leadership or ministerial experience desirable
- Preference given to candidates from the Assemblies of God, Church of God in Christ, or similar Pentecostal denomination. All full-time faculty members are encouraged to be a member of or willing to become a member of an Assemblies of God or COGIC church.
- Preliminary candidate interviews will be conducted at AAR/SBL annual meeting in November 2022.
North Central University complies with federal and state guidelines for nondiscrimination in employment. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. You can read more about North Central University and its programs at www.northcentral.edu Interested parties may apply by sending a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of faith, teaching philosophy including the integration of faith and learning, through the website at this link: Old Testament Assistant Professor