Grounds keeping Technician
To maintain the functionality of university facilities through wide-ranging outdoor tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Receive and follow up on all maintenance requests/tasks assigned by Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist in upkeep and maintenance of campus grounds via trash management, plant watering, snow removal, lawn maintenance, etc.
- Assist other Facilities Management employees in completion of campus projects
- Work in conjunction with department specialists and management to perform and complete tasks as directed
- Maintain schedule of tasks and report on progress to management
- Currently enrolled student at NCU
- Knowledge of basic grounds keeping tools and skills
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing to ensure shared understanding of information
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Use of hand tools, power tools, and phone for communication
- Experience in building maintenance, grounds keeping, and/or construction preferred
- Work environment includes exposure to dust or chemicals and extremes in temperature
- Grounds keeping Technicians are hired at semester intervals (Fall, Spring, & Summer)
- 1-2 weeks from interview
- Fall/Spring semester: approx. 15 hours
- Summer semester: up to 40 hours
- 7:00 AM—5:30 PM
Number of positions available: 1
For more information:
Pete Ortega at 612.343.3410 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063