Assistant / Associate Old Testament Professor
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world.
Preferred candidate will have a Ph.D. in Old Testament or related field. Instructional responsibilities include teaching 12 hours per semester including biblical Hebrew language studies and general education courses. Additional responsibilities include advising and mentoring students, relevant departmental work, institutional committee work and service, and relevant scholarly activity. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Ph.D. and evidence of teaching ability and scholarship
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Effective pedagogical practices, with an ongoing willingness to grow and develop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of church leadership or ministerial experience desirable
- Preference given to candidates from the Assemblies of God, Church of God in Christ, or similar Pentecostal faith. All full-time faculty members are expected to be a member of or willing to become a member of an Assemblies of God or COGIC church.
Preliminary candidate interviews will be conducted at AAR/SBL Annual Meeting, Boston, MA in November 2017.
Interested parties must apply via the below online application.
- Application deadline: Oct 15, 2017
- Expected start: August 2018
North Central University complies with federal and state guidelines for nondiscrimination in employment. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.