VERIFICATION FOR GRADUATE DISCOUNTS
Related Policy – Tuition Benefits
About This Procedure
Executive Vice President
Director of Human Resources
Verifying Eligibility for Graduation Tuition Discounts
Applicants trigger the process(-es) below by completing their application and providing their admissions counselor with evidence of their eligibility to qualify for a discount described in this policy.
Alumni Status Verification
- The admissions counselor confirms alumni status with the registrar’s office.
- The admissions counselor indicates discount type on the Graduate Admissions Decision Sheet.
- Upon receipt of the decision sheet, the financial aid office applies the discount to students account, confirming that only one discount is applied.
North Central University Employee and Employee Spouse Status Verification
- Employee or Dependent must apply for admission.
- Once admission is granted, Employee must submit either the Employee Tuition Discount Application or the Employee Dependent Discount Application to Human Resources. The Office of Human Resources will confirm eligibility and forward the approved application to Student Financial Services.
Ministerial Credentials Status Verification & Pentecostal Family of Churches Employment Verification
- The admissions counselor confirms ministerial or full-time employment status with the student and/or student’s organization. Acceptable forms of proof of status include a valid ministerial credential card from a Pentecostal denomination and/or a letter from the church that is signed by a duly appointed representative indicating full-time employment status with the church. (The graduate education office maintains a list of eligible denominations; however, the list continues to grow. If questions arise concerning a particular denomination/fellowship’s eligibility for the discount, the counselor must confirm with the graduate education office. See definition below.)
- The admissions counselor indicates discount on the Graduate Admissions Decision Sheet.
- Upon receipt of the decision sheet the financial aid office applies the discount to students account, confirming that only one discount is applied.
- The graduate education office verifies, updates, and reports discount status as needed to the Financial Aid Office each semester.