Associate Professor, Education
Departments: School of Education
Office: Miller Hall #202
- Ph.D. candidate – University of Minnesota, Curriculum and Instruction
- M.A. – Oral Roberts University, School Administration 
- B.S. – University of Minnesota, 1980
- Teacher (2nd grade): Christian Life Center, Rockford, Illinois
- Teacher (2nd, 3rd, 6th, 6-8 language arts and social studies, 9-12 English and social studies): Maranatha Christian Academy, Minneapolis, MN
- Assistant Principal K-12: Maranatha Christian Academy, Minneapolis, MN
Sharon is a born and raised Minnesotan who hates snow and cold. She loves to travel and has visited all 50 states as well as several countries around the world. Her idea of paradise is an ocean view with a mountain backdrop. Sharon has combined her love of travel with her passion for education by working with teacher education programs and schools in Bangladesh and Saipan. Sharon derives great satisfaction from working with students as they are developing their skills as teachers.
Whether it is teaching in the university classroom or observing and coaching student teachers, it is her desire to instill a vision of how God can use teachers as ministers to their classrooms. In addition to working with pre-service teachers, Sharon partners with area schools to assist in teacher development. Sharon believes that she is called to be an educator – and that this calling is a gift and a privilege. It is her prayer that this gift can be multiplied into the lives of her students.