Adjunct Faculty/University Supervisor of Teacher Education Candidates
School of Education
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, Pentecostal school with a commitment to academic excellence that prepares students to fulfill Biblical models of leadership and ministry throughout the world. Eph. 4:11-12
Our growing School of Education is seeking an adjunct faculty to supervise field experiences. This position works with teacher candidates by supervising clinical and/or student teaching experiences in schools around the metro area. This position will remain open as we build our pool of supervisors for the 2020-2021 school year and beyond. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Training specific to our program and observation tools will be provided.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Observing candidates in cooperating school classrooms (public, private, and charter) around the metro area (within 25 miles of our campus).
- Providing detailed feedback, suggestions, and ongoing support to candidates during their placement.
- Completing web-based assessments of candidates in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular communication with cooperating teachers, teacher education candidates, the NCU School of Education Director and administrative assistant. Serve as a liaison and supporter of North Central University School of Education to the schools we partner with across the metro.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in education or related field.
- One year of classroom teaching experience in grades K-6, K-12 vocal music, 5-12 communication arts and literature, 5-12 social studies, or 5-12 math.
- Experience in mentorship or supervision of teachers or teacher candidates is preferred.
- Valid teaching license in field of supervision preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong passion for the profession of teaching and desire to mentor future teachers.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule during school hours and travel to school sites.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to support students in their Christian education.
- Expertise in working with diverse populations and instructional technology is highly desired.
In addition to the Faculty Employment Application, please submit the following items
- Letter of interest
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Letters of reference
- Statement of Personal Faith
- Teaching Philosophy Description
- Relevant curriculum sample, teaching samples, and/or student evaluations
Working conditions and frequency
Equipment and Tools
Use of a PC, telephone, and email.
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment and in schools across the metro area.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.